- ROTATABLE HEARTH IS REMOVABLE FOR EASY CLEANING OR CHANGING OF CRUCIBLES
- 270° beam deflection (Hidden Filament)
- Proprietary, patented water cooling design means longer crucible life and more consistent evaporation of material
- Rugged, reliable construction
- Designed for ease of use and maintainability
- Permanent magnet for primary beam positioning to provide improved control of evaporation process
- Durable emitter assembly with unique design for increased filament life and simple maintenance
- Plug-in emitter assembly for easy filament replacement
- Side or bottom crucible rotation drive
- Most components are maintained in stock
- A Source can normally be delivered in one-two weeks ARO
Improved Source Magnetics Reduce Beam Curl
A range of new sources have been introduced which incorporate a significant change from the traditional magnetic field design, providing a much straighter beam path through the melt material, thus increasing the usable portion of the melt inventory and producing a more uniform and predictable evaporant cloud. These sources can be supplied with the optional Arc-Suppression or self-sealing cover plate.
|Model 249||Model 269/279/299|
|Power Rating||6 kW*||10 kW*|
|High Voltage Range||-6 kV to -10 kV||-6 kV to -10 kV|
|Lateral Coil Resistance||8.5 ohms||3.0 ohms|
|Long. Coil Resistance||7.5 ohms||9.6 ohms|
|Water Requirements||2 gpm(min.)@ 60°F||3 gpm(min.)@ 60°F|
*Nominal value; actual power rating may vary, depending on customer’s process.
|Model 249||Model 269||Model 279||Model 299|
|4 x 4cc||249-64|
|4 x 7cc||249-28||269-28||279-28|
|4 x 15cc||269-02||279-02|
|4 x 25cc||269-08||279-08|
|4 x 30cc||269-20||279-20|
|4 x 40cc w/web||279-62||299-45|
|4 x 40cc w/o web||279-46|
|2x15cc / 2×25||279-38|
|6 x 4cc||249-66|
|6 x 7cc||249-06||269-06||279-06|
|6 x 15cc||269-12||279-12|
|6 x 25cc||279-18||299-18|
|8 x 7cc||269-14||279-14|
Arc Suppression Upgrade
A source with the Arc-Suppression option is ideal for many applications, such as for optical coating and for ion plating without a pressure barrier. The reduction in arcing results in improved film quality, improved yields, and fewer arc-related maintenance issues.
Self-Sealing Cover Upgrade
An optional self-sealing cover plate is available for applications where cross contamination between materials is a concern.
Electro-Pneumatic shutter controls are available with 1″, 32mm, or 2-3/4″ CFF feedthrough shutter assemblies.