Telemark offers the largest selection of multi-pocket electron beam sources on the market. Pocket sizes from 2cc to 100cc are available. Vacuum compatibility selections from 10-7 torr to 10-9 torr offer customers a one stop shop for all your multi-pocket source needs. Utilizing 270⁰ beam deflection, the Telemark sources are state-of-the-art in E-beam technology. Source options include traditional O-ring style or magnetic fluid feedthrough rotation. Installation kits, source shutters and pocket indexers can be supplied. Please contact Telemark with your ebeam source requirements for model and configuration assistance.
- ROTATABLE HEARTH IS REMOVABLE FOR EASY CLEANING OR CHANGING OF CRUCIBLES
- 270° beam deflection (Hidden Filament)
- Proprietary, patented water cooling design means longer crucible life and more consistent evaporation of material
- Rugged, reliable construction
- Designed for ease of use and maintainability
- Permanent magnet for primary beam positioning to provide improved control of evaporation process
- Durable emitter assembly with unique design for increased filament life and simple maintenance
- Plug-in emitter assembly for easy filament replacement
- Side or bottom crucible rotation drive
- Integral rotation feedthrough on models 246/266/276/296 eliminates water to vacuum seal
- Most components are maintained in stock
- A Source can normally be delivered in one-two weeks ARO
Improved Source Magnetics Reduce Beam Curl
A range of new sources have been introduced which incorporate a significant change from the traditional magnetic field design, providing a much straighter beam path through the melt material, thus increasing the usable portion of the melt inventory and producing a more uniform and predictable evaporant cloud. These sources can be supplied with the optional Arc-Suppression or self-sealing cover plate.
|Source 264/266/274/276||Source 294/296|
|Power Rating||10 kW*||12 kW*|
|High Voltage Range||-6 kV to -10 kV||-6 kV to -10 kV|
|Lateral Coil Resistance||3.0 ohms||3.0 ohms|
|Long. Coil Resistance||9.6 ohms||9.6 ohms|
|Water Requirements||3 gpm(min.)@ 60°F||5 gpm(min.)@ 60°F|
*Nominal value; actual power rating may vary, depending on customer’s process.
|Side / Bottom 264/266||Side / Bottom 274/276||Side / Bottom 294/296|
|4 x 7cc||-27 / -28||-27 / -28|
|4 x 15cc||-01 / -02||-01 / -02|
|4 x 25cc||-07 / -08||-07 / -08|
|4 x 30cc||-19 / -20||-19 / -20||-19 / -20|
|4 x 40cc w/web||-61 / -62|
|4 x 40cc w/o web||-45 / -46||-44 / -45|
|2x15cc / 2x25||-37 / -38|
|6 x 4cc|
|6 x 7cc||-05 / -06||-05 / -06|
|6 x 15cc||-11 / -12||-11 / -12||-11 / -12|
|6 x 25cc||-17 / -18||-17 / -18|
|6 x 30cc||-75 / -76|
|6 x 40cc||-69 / -70|
|2x7cc / 4x15cc||-29 / -30|
|4x4cc / 2x15cc||-09 / -10|
|8 x 7cc||-13 / -14||-13 / -14|
|8 x 15cc||-01 / -02|
|8 x 25cc||-07 / -08|
|Trough, 190cc||-15 / -16|
|Trough, 275cc||-31 / -32|
|Trough, 440cc||-79 / -80|
Arc Suppression Upgrade
A source with the Arc-Suppression option is ideal for many applications, such as for optical coating and for ion plating without a pressure barrier. The reduction in arcing results in improved film quality, improved yields, and fewer arc-related maintenance issues.
Self-Sealing Cover Upgrade
An optional self-sealing cover plate is available for applications where cross contamination between materials is a concern.
Electro-Pneumatic shutter controls are available with 1″, 32mm, or 2-3/4″ CFF feedthrough shutter assemblies.