Telemark offers the largest selection of small R and D multi-pocket electron beam sources on the market. Pocket sizes of 2cc, 4cc and 7cc are available. Vacuum compatibility of 10-7 torr and utilizing 270⁰ beam deflection, the Telemark sources are state-of-the-art in small E-beam technology. Installation kits, source shutters and pocket indexers can be supplied. Please contact Telemark with your ebeam source requirements for model and configuration assistance.
- ROTATABLE HEARTH IS REMOVABLE FOR EASY CLEANING OR CHANGING OF CRUCIBLES
- 270° beam deflection (Hidden Filament)
- Proprietary, patented water cooling design means longer crucible life and more consistent evaporation of material
- Rugged, reliable construction
- Designed for ease of use and maintainability
- Permanent magnet for primary beam positioning to provide improved control of evaporation process
- Durable emitter assembly with unique design for increased filament life and simple maintenance
- Plug-in emitter assembly for easy filament replacement
- Side or bottom crucible rotation drive
- Integral rotation feedthrough on model 246 eliminates water to vacuum seal
- Most components are maintained in stock
- A Source can normally be delivered in one-two weeks ARO
Improved Source Magnetics Reduce Beam Curl
A range of new sources have been introduced which incorporate a significant change from the traditional magnetic field design, providing a much straighter beam path through the melt material, thus increasing the usable portion of the melt inventory and producing a more uniform and predictable evaporant cloud. These sources can be supplied with the optional Arc-Suppression or self-sealing cover plate.
|Source 221/224||Source 244/246|
|Power Rating||3 kW(221), 4 kW(224)*||6 kW*|
|High Voltage Range||-5 kV to -7 kV||-6 kV to -10 kV|
|Lateral Coil Resistance||8.5 ohms (224)||8.5 ohms|
|Long. Coil Resistance||7.5 ohms (224)||7.5 ohms|
|Water Requirements||2 gpm(min.)@ 60°F||2 gpm(min.)@ 60°F|
*Nominal value; actual power rating may vary, depending on customer’s process.
|Side / Bottom 221||Side / Bottom 224||Side / Bottom 244/246|
|4 x 2cc||221-05 / 221-06|
|4 x 4cc||224-63 / 224-64||-63 / -64|
|4 x 7cc||-27 / -28|
Electro-Pneumatic shutter controls are available with 1″, 32mm, or 2-3/4″ CFF feedthrough shutter assemblies.